Glimpse of the early days

A pre-Nürburgring picture of Wagen #25 during the ‘Eifelrundfahrt 1924’. Driver Peter Georg Schlegel at the road connecting Berg and Wollersheim, about 70kms from Nürburg. Peter Georg was the son Ferdinand Schlegel, owner of “Haus Schlegel” at Düren. After his father died, he turned the company into Firma Schlegel Wwe Automobile, Motorräder und Nähmaschinen with 33 employees. The name and company lives on; “Fahrschule Schegel” is still there.


Comments are closed.